I paint animals in abstract
way. They can be blue or green or in any other color of the rainbow. I use India ink to capture the pet's nature and then I paint over it in watercolors.
If you would like your pet to be painted in this style, I'd be more then happy to help.
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- contact me by sending a note or leaving a comment below. We will exchange email addresses.
- Send me 2-3 good quality photos. Pictures need to be sharp, taken without flash, and preferably outside in slightly cloudy weather. For the best results take the photo on pet's eye level. I love to see sparkles in those little eyes. Here are some good examples of photos I took. Please, do your best, and keep in mind that I will work with what I am given.
- Place a nonrefundable downpayment of $20 via PayPal. The total cost of the portrait after completion (for DA members only) is $50 plus $10 shipping and handling to US & Canada location.
- I work on 11in x 15in paper. I use 140lb acid free paper and good quality paints.
- To ensure that you are 100% happy with the portrait, I'll email you a low resolution final scan or photograph of the portrait for your approval. I may also upload the portrait here or on my other websites. At this stage I can do really small changes, unfortunately watercolors are not a forgiving medium.
- Once the remaining payment has been made ($30 + $10 shipping), I'll send you an original. I'll pack the piece in a flat envelope and secure it with cardboard for safe delivery.
- I retain the copyright and reproduction rights on the artwork created from your photo, although I will never reproduce or sell your image in any form without your written permission.
Don't be shy! I look forward to your commissions!